[CLOSED] This proposal has passed
This is an updated and expanded version of the previous marketing proposal.
Saffron Finance - Expanded Marketing Strategy
210 SFI per quarter from the Treasury…
- for additional personnel,
- for international marketing, and
- for domestic marketing.
- This proposal amount is subject to a quarterly review and renewal by the community (The community will revisit this proposal and decide whether we want to renew or modify it the week leading up to 9/30/2021)
- 25% of the quarterly allotment will be locked up until December 27, 2021
A strong marketing budget encouraging more broad acceptance of Saffron is critical to the success and long term health of the protocol. Long term investors, institutions, and power users of DeFi typically recognize the benefits of Saffron but don’t necessarily know about it or how it works. Similarly, the complicated nature of this specific protocol can make average retail investors skittish. As we employ our 2021 rollout strategy we are creating through creating The Academy - an accessible repository of educational information about Saffron and DeFi that is being built out to feature a wide range of multimedia content - and have started the process of expanding into international markets and territories - as recently seen at our events in China.
Saffron’s marketing direction and scope are rapidly expanding (with the inclusion of the new Saffron Academy website, Saffron Academy Podcast, additional content for our international markets) and it necessitates onboarding additional marketing personnel - both domestic and international. These additional personnel will help take some of the workload off the original team and helps keep us at a healthy expansion rate. The core team has devoted a lot of time and effort into Saffron Academy and will continue to in the coming months, but again, this is only one facet of our marketing strategy and focus.
The items listed below are a combination of current responsibilities and Q3 goals for the marketing team. Continuing these deliverables will help give the community the ability to track the marketing team’s progress and effectiveness should this proposal be accepted.
TASKS AND GOALS
- Saffron Academy
- Saffron Podcast
- Creating/Managing Saffron Academy website
- Coordinating with International marketing and bizdev teams (Working with our partners overseas)
- Managing Saffron main homepage and educational materials
- Communicating Saffron statistics via saffron.vision (info site similar to uniswap.info)
- Managing in-person offices
- Managing governance: Discourse forum and Snapshot page
- Managing Discord, Telegram, YouTube, Medium and Twitter
- Writing Saffron Academy and Saffron Medium articles
- Collaborating with protocol partners for announcements and updates on new features and tech (Chainlink)
- Collaborating with strategic partners on marketing materials and co-marketing events (Bancor)
- Collecting feedback and organizing user responses and critiques into effective decision-making facts for dev team to act on
- Managing active relationships with investors, partners, guests, and academic research targets
- Conducting market research and producing reports on focused topics relevant to the protocol’s success
- Transcribing all relevant material for distribution to regional partners
- Working with media outlets on public relations and press releases
- Collecting statistics on user growth, protocol usage, and other relevant metrics
- Other marketing duties as assigned
- All Saffron project relevant data stored in a cloud location with redundant access in case of emergency or unforeseen circumstance.
- All Academy content, deliverables, and anything else made by the marketing team for the express purpose of Saffron promotion is considered open source and free to use and redistribute.
- All marketing employees report directly to psykeeper every week with a log of their hours and duties performed.
- Continued podcast episodes with prominent figures in DeFi and Crypto spaces including the founders of Sushiswap, Solana and more.
- Numerous tutorials and explainer videos released on Saffron Academy. Examples include Polygon, Dinoswap, Impermanent Loss, Tranched Investing, and UI walkthrough.
- Saffron Weekly update videos and newsletters providing the latest developments in both the DeFi space and specifically Saffron Finance
- NFT airdrops for SFI holders during the V1 phase of the protocol.
- Merchandise that is exclusively designed, and voted on by the community and SFI holders for promoting Saffron Finance.
Please vote in the snapshot poll here: